Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hummingbirds

The people here at the Catholic Worker try to live simply. I value voluntary simplicity too. I think it can be a good thing. But sometimes it just takes longer.

Yesterday I did my laundry. We don't have a dryer. Instead we use a clothesline the way my mom used to when I was a kid. I was in a good mood, but frankly it was a bit more work than I'm used to doing to get my clothes clean.

But then when I was clipping my clothes on the clothes line, I got to watch a hummingbird drinking the nectar from the pretty blue flowers beside the house. I probably wouldn't have seen it if I had been reading a book.

1 comment:

Diana said...

We have hummingbirds at my cottage in Canada! You can watch them while you hang clothes out to dry there too! :) You should come visit! :D